Saturday, June 25, 2011

Adult Team Update

Dear Family and Friends,

DEB -- We have had a wonderful week...I am so proud of this team...they have been amazing this week and God has done great things in and through each one...here's a quick word from each of them ...

DAN -- It was pretty cool to see people worship the same God the same way we do...the only difference is the language. Even though these people have no money compared to us, they have more spiritual wealth than many of us do.

RON -- God has been teaching me about obedience and how important it is to listen to HIS voice, even when it doesn't seem right. This week has affirmed the importance of following Him, even when it seems impossible. God's blessings have been amazing.

CHRIS -- I have learned that God's love is the same everywhere. Regardless of the culture or living conditions, God's love is ever present and always the same. There's no reason to pity those we see as less fortunate, because they can experience God's grace in ways that we can't.

ADRIENNE -- God has been teaching me so many things since I've been here. He has taught me amazing lessons in accepting God's love and spreading that love outwardly to others. When we're living in God's love, we are able to accomplish the impossible. We've seen God do great things here among these people and it's been great to finally meet my brothers and sisters from across the world.

SHELLY -- We are all brothers and sisters under one Father. I've learned to inspire others to follow God's path. Please pick me up tomorrow night at 12:30.

LAURA -- I've learned many things, one being that God's presence is clearly evident in Ecuador. God's love for His people transcends cultural and language barriers. I've seen Jesus this trip in the eyes of the children we've served. It has been an honor to be part of this team and to be an example of God's love.

MAUREEN -- I have learned that this experience is a life changing experience because I will choose to use what I've learned here in Ecuador at home. This has been about more than money and poverty, but about how we have more in common than we are different.

MCCALL -- God has put a desire in my heart to run harder after Him than ever before. I feel so ready for Him to take over my life completely and live out my life for Him alone. My one prayer request is that I can go home and be grounded in the truths I learned this week.

LAUREN -- I have really enjoyed my time in Ecuador. I have really been impacted by the people I have met here. What I'm taking away will impact my life as I continue to pray and seek God for the things that He's taught me on this trip.

JEFF -- It has been so great to come back to Ecuador and especially the village of El Carmen to see the relationships and the church we started on my last trip. I have learned so much but here are some things that stood out. Even when I don't feel God I just need to continue to be obedient. I also have been working on speaking less and being more of a listener, for people and for God. Being in a country that doesn't really speak your language is a great way to practice that!

KELLY -- It has been amazing to come back and visit the friends I made last year. I have learned a lot about myself and God. I'm already looking forward to coming back next year.

ANNE - I loved the whole trip. You can look at it from so many different ways because it had so many different elements. I loved connecting with the people and children...it seemed so easy because they sincerely welcomed us with hugs and kisses. I loved the funny times among our group and especially enjoyed our time in Reten.

SARAH -- God is teaching me that I need to slow down and make time for relationships and for Him. He has also shown me that this trip has been a gift and given me contentment with where I am living right now.

ROBIN -- God has been reinforcing a truth in my life that is calling me to a life of greater simplicity. We came to serve here in Ecuador and the people here are so loving and generous that they absolutely "outserved" us! I am going home with a renewed commitment to allow more margin in my life to serve my family and friends the way that Jesus calls us to serve.

We'll see you all tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment